CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Well, I Declare

This happened:

The cover of the latest Rolling Stone features a naked Julia Louis-Dreyfus, star of the HBO comedy Veep, with a fake tattoo of the, well, it's not clear. It appears to be the U.S. Constitution, however, John Hancock's signature is featured on it and we all know Mr. Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. We do know that, right?




I think the bigger news story here is that Julia's 53-year-old head has been placed on a significantly younger person's body. Either the photo editor at the magazine got a little slap happy with PhotoShop or Julia's had a full-body transplant.

Don't get me wrong. I really like her. I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. Still. To this day, I make approximately one or two Seinfeld references per day. And I liked her well before her days with Jerry, George, and Kramer. Long before we knew the term "sponge-worthy," I enjoyed her on an "of little acclaim" TV series called Day by Day.

After Seinfeld, Julia turned in worthy performances in A Bug's Life, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The New Adventures of Old Christine. Probably my favorite role of hers to date, though, is as the broken Eva in last year's rom-com Enough Said. She's her now-expected, self-deprecatingly-charming self, but holds her own next to James Gandolfini's genius last role. The movie ebbs and flows but it's worth catching it on cable. Those two make up for any lackluster writing or directing.

To recap:
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a funny 53-year-old.
John Hancock signed the Declaration of Independence.
Full body transplants (or head transplants) have not been invented yet.

Enough said.

0 comments: