In 325CE the Council of Nicaea established that Easter would be held on the first Sunday after the first full moon occurring on or after the vernal equinox. From that point forward, the Easter date depended on the ecclesiastical approximation of March 21 for the vernal equinox.
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Posted by Valerie at 5:34 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Posted by Valerie at 11:19 AM
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Well, I almost died yesterday.
I tried to soften the melodramatic tone of that statement, but that just about sums it up. I ran a red light during busy, rush hour traffic. Totally my fault. I was second in line at a congested intersection. Tired from a day's work, I sat waiting my turn and reviewing my mental "to do" list for when I got home. The car in front of me suddenly went (a right turn, as it turned out) and the car across the intersection scooted up a bit, giving me the idea that our light had turned green. I proceeded to drive across and, as I passed under the traffic light, I looked up. A couple of things happened, all within a millisecond.
- I noticed the light was still red.
- I looked and saw a car stopped in the intersection where I had just driven in front of them and they had to brake quickly.
- I heard a horn blaring and realized another car from the other direction had to do the same thing (except they took the time to honk and wave at me with one finger).
And I sailed right through that intersection unscathed. (I'm sending my guardian angel a gift basket today.)
But something else happened that I hadn't really experienced before and am maybe OK never doing so again -- my life flashed before my eyes. You hear about it. You see it depicted in movies. But it actually happened, like a quick little Facebook "your life in pictures slideshow, dummy, 'cause you weren't paying attention back there."
It seemed like a lot of images, but these are the ones I remember vividly. Note, these are still photos I possess. The actual images during my near-death experience were moving, like the pictures in Harry Potter or little snippets from home movies.
|I saw a younger Daddy, smiling and waving at me.|
|I saw this little girl, whom I barely remember.|
|I saw a young and healthy Mom, laughing.|
|And I saw a young Jason, waiting anxiously at the altar as Daddy and I made our way down the aisle.|
Posted by Valerie at 6:27 AM
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Posted by Valerie at 1:12 PM
Thursday, November 10, 2016
“Where is your shoe?”
“Where are your pants?”
“Do you need to go potty?”
“Did you just go potty here already?”
“Don’t lick that.”
Posted by Valerie at 5:38 AM
Friday, September 30, 2016
|One stop shopping for small appliances, jewelry and home decor.|
|100% synthetic, 0% comfort.|
- answer phones at a busy switchboard
- graphic design
- work for an ad agency (Bonus points for having strategic meetings like Darrin Stephens and Larry Tate. Bonus points for you if you know who these people are.)
- work for PR firm
- work in glamorous world of marketing
|Any day ending in "Y" is a day to have cake and celebrate.|
- work at a place where you have to wear a lanyard/security badge and swipe it to get in places
- work at a place that has a cafeteria (or gym)
- work for a non-profit
Posted by Valerie at 4:22 AM
Thursday, September 1, 2016
Posted by Valerie at 10:59 AM