CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Type-Oh!

I saw this sign the other day while out at lunch. "How did this happen," I wondered. Was the artist unsure and hedged his bet thinking, "well, at least one of 'em will be right." Or, perhaps he thought no one would notice. But I did. 

It reminded me of the Friends episode where Rachel has a typo on her resume. Don't remember this 19-year-old show? That's OK. I got you covered.



A 2013 poll conducted by Forbes reports these eye-opening statistics:


  • 73% of recruiters and hiring managers reported discarding CVs and resumes after seeing a spelling mistake
  • 58% of recruiters and hiring managers said they would likely hire a less-qualified candidate with no spelling or grammar errors over a more qualified person with an error on their resume
Most common grammar mistakes:
  • Irregardless
  • It's vs. Its
  • Your vs. You're
  • I vs. Me (He needs to call Jack and I.) *Ed. note:  I hear this one just about every day.
  • Than vs. Then

Now, regardless of what else you have going on, check and recheck your work. Then you'll know you're putting your best foot forward. And that's worth more than a million LOL's.

0 comments: