CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy, Happy, Happy

There are just times when the world tries to steal your soul. It drags you down with disturbing news reports, each story a little more grim than the one before. I found myself drowning in a sea of ISIS terror, race car drivers, shootings, robberies, and a celebrity's suicide. Finally pulling myself up the ladder onto solid ground, I realized I had to think happy thoughts.


"Puppy, puppy, puppy."

I repeated these words. Try it. It's difficult to frown while saying the word "puppy" and it's darn near impossible to not crack a smile when you think of puppy breath.

Then I broke into my own version of the song "My Favorite Things" that went something like this:


Big puffy clouds against a bright, blue sky.
Getting in my parking spot on the first try.
Finding plastic wrap that actually clings.
These are a few of my favorite things.

Reading a book and smelling the pages.
Studying history and all of the ages.
A thick, chocolate milkshake with swirly, fudge rings.
These are a few o my favorite things.

When the news is bad.
And I'm feeling low.
I think happy thoughts and my heart sings.
I put on a smile and I make myself go.
While remembering my favorite things!


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."
--Psalm 28:7

0 comments: