CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2014

Can We Talk?



To commemorate the life of Joan Rivers, who passed away yesterday, I'd like to say a few words. It's not that I was a huge fan. I actually found her loud, Brooklyn accent and the extreme plastic surgery quite unappealing. But, once you dug down to the person within -- deep, deep down -- you saw someone whom I like to believe was genuine and funny and those are two traits that are just unfortunately all too uncommon these days.

She said the things a lot of us just think. And got away with a lot of it. That's admirable.


I hate housework! You make the beds, you do the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again.
She ticked a lot of celebrities off through the years by calling them out, putting their cards on the proverbial table for them, and helping bring them down a notch or two to reality. Good for her.

But she also had some quips, that, like all good humor, have a good dose of truth in them. On life:


I enjoy life when things are happening. I don't care if it's good things or bad things. That means you're alive.



Life is very tough. If you don't laugh, it's tough.

Thank you for the laughs, Joan. Now you can critique what the angels are wearing.

Excuse me. 

What? I'm writing a blog here. Oh, she's Jewish? Hmm. Ok, well it still works. 



0 comments: